Protecting Your Information
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information. We like to keep things simple, so:-
1.1 We will use your contact details to provide our services and inform you of changes to those services.
1.2 We will only send you our own communications, such as the sharing of our information,newsletters, etc. If you opt-in to receive it, you will always be able to unsubscribe.
1.3 We will not pass your information to any third-party, without your consent, unless required to by UK law.
2.1 A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website's server and allows a website to respond to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms or to remember things like your preferences or the contents of your shopping basket. Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive. However, our cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. Nevertheless, if you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set, but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of our website. For more information please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
3. Data protection registration
3.1 We are recognised by the UK Information Commissioner's Office as being exempt from requiring registration, because:-
- We were established for not-for-profit making purposes and do not make a profit.
- We only process information necessary to establish or maintain membership or support;
- We only process information necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are members of the organisation or have regular contact with it;
- We only share the information with people and organisations necessary to carry out the organisation’s activities;
- We only keep the information while the individual is a member or supporter or as long as necessary for member/supporter administration.
4. Our details
4.1 This website is owned and operated by British Entertainment History Project
4.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 0490000, and our registered office is at 373-377 Clapham Road, London, SW9 9BT.
4.3 Our principal place of business is at 373-377 Clapham Road, London, SW9 9BT.
4.4 You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7346 0900.